Fair Trade Group Nepal welcomes applications from legally registered organizations who share their commitments to the ideals and principles of Fair Trade. To be eligible, the applicants must fulfil following criteria:
- Has clear mission stated in organisational documents expressing commitment to Fair Trade.
- Adherence of Fair Trade Principles provided by World Fair Trade Organisation (WFTO)
- Registered with concerned government agency and must have completed three years of active operation.
- Provide employment to at least 10 staff/producers but Nepali citizen must account for 70% of total staff/artisans/producers. Employment should be provided to economically, socially marginalised and underprivileged ethnic minority groups or physically challenged people.
- Employing not less than 3 persons as regular/active staffs in organizational activities.
- For trading organizations, there should be at least 25% of revenue should be from Fair Trade sales.
a. Organizations engaged in producing, trading and marketing of Fair Trade crafts, agro-food, non timber forest productsand services other than industrial products, or
b. Non trading organisations that work in social solidarity economy and broader social justice.
- Organization should be owned by Nepali citizen
- After receiving membership, members should adhere to FTG Nepal Code of Practice.